Your IRA Can Support Food From The Heart


The IRA Rollover is a simple and easy way to help us continue helping others in our community.


If you are 70 1/2 or older, you may roll over up to $100,000 from your IRA to charity!

Since individuals 70 and older are required to take their minimum distributions from their IRA accounts each year, this is a great way to benefit Food From The Heart. While you cannot claim a charitable deduction for your IRA gift to Food From The Heart, a distribution from your IRA counts towards your minimum required distribution for the year and reduces your taxable income because the amount of the transfer is not included as part of your taxable income.

To make an IRA rollover gift, simply contact your custodian and request that an amount be transferred to us. Your gift could be any amount - $100, $1,000, $50,000 or even $100,000.  Every donation helps us so much.